Alliance Seeks Office and Events Coordinator
The Alliance mission is to advance racial justice and equity in economic growth and land development in the Twin Cities region – this includes housing, small business, workforce, transit routes and more. We build powerful coalitions of grassroots organizations deeply connected to the region’s Black, Indigenous, immigrant, African, Asian and Latinx communities to advocate for transformative systemic change that increases wealth, access and inclusion for our communities.
We are seeking an Office and Events Coordinator who is an experienced self-starter and who can help shape this new position to best meet the needs of the organization. The position will work closely with the Associate Director, while also working across all staff and departments for a variety of tasks and projects.
- Answer phone calls, and delegate general voicemail box, general email inbox, and USPS mail to appropriate staff
- Manage office equipment and supplies, ensuring they are all functioning and sufficiently available.
- Support staff in scheduling larger meetings and gatherings requiring a high level of coordination, including securing meeting locations and refreshments when needed
- Database management
- Notetaking at staff meetings and other events, as needed
- In coordination with communications manager and associate director, maintain Alliance social media presence
Events Coordination (30%)
- Coordinate Actualizing Equity, an ongoing event series for organizers throughout the region to build relationships, share knowledge and strategize together in our shared work advance equity.
- With staff identify topics and potential speakers for each event
- Develop event promotional narratives, social media posts, and other strategies to promote turnout for events
- Develop and implement dissemination strategies to elevate highlights from each event
- Coordinate logistics with staff for coalition events such as press conferences, community events, symposiums, and retreats.
- Record and process all incoming deposits/checks
- Open and prepare bills for review by Associate Director
- Send invoices as needed under direction of Associate Director
- Send thank you letters to donors
- Send donation request letters to existing donor list
- Support Executive Director in preparing documents for annual audit
- Assist with the collection of data/information from partner organizations sub-granted or contracted by The Alliance for reporting purposes
Special Projects (20%)
- Pending organizational needs and skills of person, special projects may emerge
- Clear and effective communicator – both written and verbal
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work well as a team member and to coordinate diverse groups of people
- Capacity to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks with attention to details
- Strong organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize needs clearly and consistently.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Basic bookkeeping (accounts payable/receivable)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Suite (Docs, Drive, Gmail)
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for environmental, racial and economic justice
- Minimum of 3 years experience as office manager, event coordinator, administrative assistant or equivalent
- Innate personal accountability, self-motivation and follow through skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills via email, phone and notetaking
- Knowledge of office manager responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Experience with office technology, such as phone systems, video conferencing, copier/printer/scanner
- Understanding historic and systemic oppression, racism and white supremacy
- Experience with Quickbooks for Nonprofits a plus
Work setting: This position will be a hybrid position, requiring a regular set of hours to be done within the office. Those hours will be determined in coordination with the Associate Director.
Compensation: $47,000-$57,000 per year at 40 hours per week. We are seeking a minimum of 32 hours per week. Benefits include fully covered premiums for medical, dental and vision, 2% retirement contribution, 16 days paid vacation, nine paid holidays and one week paid respite at the end of the calendar year.
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled. Priority will be given to applications received by June 10, 2022.
The Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Black, Indigenous, immigrant, and People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and individuals with visible and invisible disability are encouraged to apply.