Actualizing Equity Recap: Narrative Shifts for Powerful Movements
Shaping narratives is an essential aspect of community organizing to disrupt and uproot ingrained systems of oppression. By framing and communicating about our campaigns in strategic and intentional ways, we can more effectively mobilize our communities and engage policymakers to co-create the vision and advance the components of a fundamentally more just world. How are organizers across the Twin Cities integrating powerful messaging in their work? At our June 2022 Actualizing Equity event, local leaders joined us to explore narrative shifts that are advancing regional equity!
- Ashley Fairbanks, Creative Director, 100% Campaign
- Corenia Smith, former campaign manager for Yes for Minneapolis
- Eleonore Wesserle, Senior Capacity Builder, We Make the Future
- Mari Ojeda, Senior Policy Associate, Energy Access and Equity, Fresh Energy
- Sebastian Rivera, artist organizer