We support this ordinance AND call on the city to prioritize not just tenant protections but tenant power
The preservation of Huntington Place hinged on the often invisibilized efforts of community organizers
Policy recommendations focus on housing access & stability, and community ownership & investment
In our latest interview, we sat down with the new community organizer at the West Side Community Organization!
Who we are
Organizations working together to advance equity in the Twin Cities region.
What we do
Change policy and practice to create shared prosperity and remove systemic barriers to justice.
How we do it
Develop strategic campaigns to ensure low-wealth people and people of color have a strong role in regional decision-making.
Why it matters
Our region will be stronger when everyone has access to the opportunities they need to succeed.
- The Full Story: How ACER Organizing and Tenant Power Prevented Mass Displacement in Brooklyn Park
- Proposed St. Paul Ordinance Takes First Steps Toward Renter Power
- Alliance Leader Q&A: Michael McDowell, WSCO Community Organizer
- Barriers to Fair Housing in the Twin Cities Region
- Applications Open: Housing Stability Grants
- Bold CPED Leadership and Action Needed for Housing and Small Business
- Member Spotlight: AEDA advances equitable creative placemaking
- Equity in Place Releases Policy Agenda
- 25 Reasons to Give to the Alliance TODAY!
- 2020 Budget Testimony: Housing investments insufficient to meet MPLS community needs