Job opening: Communications and Programming Coordinator
The Alliance for Metropolitan Stability seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of communications and programming coordinator.
The Alliance supports grassroots organizing for racial, economic, and environmental justice in Twin Cities economic growth and land development decisions. We lead coalition organizing campaigns that connect the issues of affordable housing, transportation, racial justice, health equity, environmental justice, and economic opportunity. We are an organizing support system for our member and allied organizations, increasing the capacity and grassroots power within and across organizations and communities working for more equitable and sustainable development patterns.
Provide communications, event organizing, database management, research, and administrative support that facilitates collaborative work to advance the Alliance’s mission, programming activities, and organizational goals.
- Organize events that advance the regional equity field.
- Maintain organization’s website, social media, and database systems.
- Lead the creation and distribution processes for e-communications, action alerts, annual report, fundraising appeals and newsletters.
- Manage office technology, supplies, and systems.
- Maintain organizational documents.
- Gather and synthesize information about decision-making processes and policy initiatives relevant to our organizing campaigns. Translate this information into written materials accessible and useful to a variety of grassroots groups.
- Support the ongoing organizing work of our staff with relevant research and information.
- Prepare communications and materials for various organizational meetings.
- Assist Alliance staff on emerging programmatic and administrative work as assigned.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Experience and comfort with database management, Word Press, social media, and Microsoft office software.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and translate it for community use.
- Capacity to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Skill with communication/presentation technologies.
- Comfort working with diverse people, organizing philosophies, and organizations.
- Commitment to racial, economic, and environmental justice.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE ALLIANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER